BENEFIT OF EDUCATION
The cancer journey will be much easier when you can prepare for the next challenge around the bend and not feel ambushed by the unexpected.
How to best prepare? Get educated. Start reading about your disease. Our Chairman has authored three indispensible pamphlets about coping with cancer, based on his 15 years as a cancer patient advocate. Get them in our office or online...free-of-charge, of course.
TIPS & STRATEGIES: A GUIDE TO THE CANCER JOURNEY
Our comprehensive guide offers everthing you might need for navigating cancer from diagnosis on, specifically tailored and curated for those living on the end of Long Island. It contains helpful information for those recently diagnosed with cancer as well as long-term patients, family members and caretakers, and resources for those recently cured of the disease! The Guide is organized into easy-to-read themed chapters. Please refer to the Resource Directory page for an appendix of useful information such as doctors, hospitals, and pharmacies near you. The guide is updated annually so all the information is current. We hope you will find exactly what you are looking for inside, whether it is a specific phone number or just more about a step of the Cancer journey.
OPEN PDF OF PRINTED 2017 PRACTICAL TIPS & STRATEGIES - CLICK HERE
- Chapter 1: The Arc of the Disease
- Chapter 2: Patient Empowerment
- Chapter 3: Selecting an Oncologist
- Chapter 4: Assembling a Support Team & Education
- Chapter 5: Genomic Testing, 2nd Opinions & Clinical Trials
- Chapter 6: Health Insurance, Financial Issues & Patient Rights
- Chapter 7: Primary Therapy
- Chapter 8: Side Effects & Additional Treatment
- Chapter 9: Survivorship
- Author's Notes
- Appendix: Professional Staff of Fighting Chance