BENEFIT OF EDUCATION
The cancer journey will be much easier when you can prepare for the next challenge around the bend and not feel ambushed by the unexpected.
How to best prepare? Get educated. Start reading about your disease. Our Chairman has authored three indispensible pamphlets about coping with cancer, based on his 15 years as a cancer patient advocate. Get them in our office or online...free-of-charge, of course.
CANCER RESOURCE DIRECTORY
Our Cancer Resource Directory offers a curated list of names and adresses tailored and curated for those living and battling cancer on the east end of Long Island. It contains helpful contact information for every phase of the Cancer Journey. Please refer to the Tips & Strategies page for contextual information and additional advice. Both sections are updated annually so all the information is current. The complete guide is also available in print form. We hope you will find the exact answers that you are looking for.
OPEN PDF OF PRINTED 2017 DIRECTORY - CLICK HERE
- Chapter 1: Free Patient Care Services at Fighting Chance
- Chapter 2: Changing Landscape of Cancer Care on the East End
- Chapter 3: Hospitals for Cancer Patients on the East End
- Chapter 4: The Comprehensive Cancer Centers of New York City
- Chapter 5: Oncologists Based on the East End
- Chapter 6: Important Non-Oncology Physicians on the East End
- Chapter 7: Transportation Assistance
- Chapter 8: Urgent Care & Ambulance Services
- Chapter 9: Pharmacies Serving the East End
- Chapter 10: Wellness/Yoga & Complementary Medicine
- Chapter 11: East End LCSWs Without an Oncology Emphasis
- Chapter 12: Physical Therapy
- Chapter 13: Help-At-Home
- Chapter 14: Hospice Options & Calvary Hospital
- Chapter 15: Useful Websites
- Author's Notes